/paCH/ - n. A birding location, often near one’s home, that an individual birder visits regularly.

9.01.2014

There has been a Solitary Sandpiper spending time at my patch lately. I first noticed it on Thursday morning. I wasn't sure what it was and I took some photos for ID and learned what it was. Low and behold they aren't that common around here! He is enjoying the mud and shallow water in the little pond.






Green Herons are all over the place. One day last week there were at least five. They too are hunting in the slimy water.
Yesterday I watched one eat a bull frog in one slurp.



Belted Kingfisher are on the hunt too and often perch high up in the trees above the water. This one was relatively low on a down tree.

There are not as many dragonflies as a month ago.



The wet meadow still looks like summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cedar Mill Wetlands is 15 acres sandwiched between Hwy 26 and a development of townhouses. The land is owned by The Wetlands Conservancy.